Skip to main content

Video Spotlight: This Christmas by Two Story Road

If you've never heard of Two Story Road, you're in luck because this is the 3rd time I've written about them. You can check out my review of their great self-titled EP right here and my video spotlight on their a cappella version of their song "Arson" here. But the quick introduction to Two Story Road is that they are the talented husband and wife duo of Brandon and Jamelle Fraley.

I've come to like these two a lot. They make great music and they're so entertaining to watch, as you're about to see. As soon as I watched this, I knew I was going to have to feature it. They're not afraid to be silly and those of you who know me know that I love that.

So here's their fun version of "This Christmas".


I know what they say about assuming things, but I think we can go ahead and assume that they enjoyed filming this. Because from all indications, we have a pair of loveable goofballs on our hands. As I said, I love when people aren't scared to create videos like this. I know I've complained about it a bunch, but I get so tired of singers who are serious all the time. Who are constantly acting like they have an attitude. That kind of thing gets old to me very quickly. Especially when so many people do it. It's like it's more important to look cool.

In saying that, it's so refreshing to watch people having a lot of fun. It makes it entertaining. I like the way they used the SnapChat filters and I got such a kick out of watching all of their antics. You watch this and can't help but feel like hanging out with them would be an absolute blast. You wouldn't be bored. That's for certain.

Of course, as I've said about other acts, the silliness works so well because they have the talent to back it up. I really enjoy listening to them sing. They sound great individually, but when they sing together? It's even better. Their voices were made for each other. I also think it's cool how they apparently did this with only an iPhone. Technology can be a wonderful thing.

I hope that you enjoyed this video as much as I do. I strongly urge you to see what else they have to offer. Especially on their YouTube channel. There's all kinds of musical goodies to be found on there. You can find that link, along with all of their other links below.
Website
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song review: Water Tower Town by Scotty McCreery

I have an odd relationship, or whatever you want to call it, with American Idol. I was interested when I heard about it and watched the first three seasons, got annoyed with the third season and didn't watch the next only to start watching again during the fifth season. I loved the show during its sixth and seventh season, but started getting annoyed with it in the eighth. Sometime between then and now I've gone from being annoyed with it to now hating it as I see it for what it really is. I could go into more detail about that, but I won't. At least not here; maybe at another time. I'm sure many of you are wondering why I'm bothering to bring it up in the first place. Well, it's because I decided to do a review of "Water Tower Town" by the current American Idol for my next song review. Now, if you're a fan of American Idol, you might not like what I'm going to say next, but I ask that you stay with me because it'll end up being importa

Album review: Christmas with Scotty McCreery by Scotty McCreery

First things first, I'm wishing everyone who celebrates a happy Hanukkah! Perhaps that's a strange way to kick off a review of a Christmas album, but it wouldn't have felt right not to include it. And really, when you really think and learn about what each holiday is about you see that in a way the first Hanukkah is one of the things that made Christmas possible. So once again, happy Hanukkah to all who celebrate. Those of you who have read my album reviews know this, but the way I do album reviews is to give my overall opinion and then look at each song individually after the cut. Which means that album review posts can get pretty long. Just a warning. This album came out back in October, but I never listen to Christmas music before Thanksgiving. Hence why there hasn't been a review until now. So what do I think? I think that releasing Christmas albums can be a little risky. The majority of these songs are so well known and loved already. They've been recorded

Video Spotlight: Sam Tsui

I first found out about Sam Tsui from a collaboration that he did with one of my favorite male singers, Peter Hollens. As it turned out, some of my friends are also fans of Sam's and there was a point where I kept seeing people post some of his videos. So finally I decided to go check out his YouTube channel. Turns out, he has all kinds of great covers on there and even some originals. I liked him and knew it was only a mattered of time before I wrote about him.  The only trouble was picking which video to write about first. There were a bunch of strong contenders and it's safe to assume that all of those will get a spotlight at some point down the road. But it was hard to pick. The obvious solution was just to do a video spotlight on Sam himself. We'll be talking about five of his videos. Starting with the first one I saw.